Effective as of 8th August 2018
We at Home Instead Senior Care® appreciate your interest in this web site (the "Site"). Your privacy is important and we are committed to protecting any personally identifiable information ("Personal Data") that you disclose to us. We want you to understand our practices with respect how and why we gather and use the information we collect from visitors to the Site.
This document outlines our approach to compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and all other relevant data-protection legislation. It also sets forth your privacy rights. Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with our privacy practices.
Who We Are
Throughout this policy, “Home Instead” or "we" or "us" or "our” refers to Home Instead Franchising Limited, a company registered at 305 Q House, Furze Road, Sandyford Industrial Estate, Dublin 18.
There are also a number of Home Instead Senior Care franchise and corporate offices covering all territories throughout Ireland. Each Home Instead Senior Care franchise office is independently owned and operated.
We manage this website on behalf of our Home Instead Senior Care offices and are responsible for any personal data that is collected about you through the initial enquiry forms you fill in online.
Your enquiry is then directed to the Home Instead Senior Care office in your locality, who will contact you directly to follow up on your enquiry. If you have any queries regarding the processing of your data, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our contact details are below:
How to Contact Us
Telephoning our office team on : 01 297 3490
Sending us an email to: email@example.com
Writing to us at our address: 305 Q House, Furze Road, Sandyford, Dublin 18
Data Protection Officer
Home Instead’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) is XpertDPO Ltd:
Home Instead Data Protection Office
20 Clanwilliam Terrace
Grand Canal Quay
01 678 8997
Information We Collect
We collect a range of Personal Data and non-personally identifiable information through this Site in order to help us to learn more about how our visitors use this Site, to measure areas of interest, and to provide our users with important information on Home Instead and our services. This collection of information allows us to build features and functionality that will enhance your experience. You are not obligated to provide us with Personal Data in order to use the Site. However, we may require you to provide certain Personal Data in order to submit an enquiry on our Site.
We also collect information through the use of General Tracking Information and Click Path Tracking (cookie technology). Please see further details below.
Collection of information (including Personal Data)
General Tracking Information
Click Path Tracking
Collection of Personal Data
If you choose to make an enquiry through our Site, you will be asked to provide Personal Data which may include your name, e-mail address, and phone number. We do not actively share Personal Data gathered from our Web servers and we will respond directly to your enquiry via email or phone. If you consent to receiving communications from us, please be aware that we may send correspondence to the e-mail and/or any postal address provided when completing the relevant enquiry form on our Site. This correspondence may include newsletters, promotional offers, information on new features and services we provide, Site updates, responses to your e-mails, comments and opinions, and may also be used as a means of providing technical support. You can withdraw consent to receiving these communications at any time by following the instructions outlined below.
Processing of Personal Data
Any Personal Data gathered from you via our Site (including any follow-up phone calls with you, your family or next-of-kin, and any representative from the HSE) in the course of an enquiry will only be used for specific purposes, as described in this policy. If you submit a service enquiry, we will process your information (or that of your family or next-of-kin) only for the purposes of evaluating the home care services most suited to your needs. If you submit an enquiry around CAREGiver opportunities with Home Instead, we will process your information only for the purposes of processing your application.
Your Personal Data may also be used in the following circumstances:
- To comply with obligations to which Home Instead Senior Care is subject in the provision of home care services, client due diligence and the duty of care towards clients and employees, and the disclosure of Personal Data to government institutions or supervisory authorities, including tax authorities, in relation thereto.
- To protect a prospective client and/or employee’s vital interests
- To keep you informed about any changes to our services;
- To ensure that the quality of the services which we offer is continually enhanced and refined and for purposes which are within legitimate business such as technical support or business development;
- To comply with our contractual obligations.
If you submit a general enquiry, or opt-in to receive our newsletter or information about special promotions, products or events, we will process your information only for the purposes of managing your request, as you have expressed an interest in, and consented to, receiving these communications. You can opt-out of receiving these communications at any time by following the instructions outlined below.
Access to Personal Data
Some of your Personal Data may be shared with:
- Our staff: the relevant members of our staff who need to know this information in order to adequately respond to your enquiry and provide the necessary follow-up. This will involve sharing only the necessary Personal Data with other CAREGivers, our office personnel involved in the management and administration of the business and the care services and any necessary health and/or social care professionals and emergency services where appropriate.
- Our service providers: our trusted service providers provide us with a range of services, including web support for the Site. They may have access to your Personal Data as part of providing us services under a contract. These service providers are bound to protect your Personal Data from disclosure or misuse and will not share it with any third party without your prior consent.
- Governmental Authorities or under Legal Action: We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Data to government institutions or supervisory authorities, including tax authorities when requested to do so or as required by law. In special cases, we reserve the right to disclose your Personal Data when we have reason to believe that disclosing this Personal Data is necessary as part of a legal action, or in order to prevent injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other website users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. In any of these situations, the affected individuals will be notified by e-mail of our intent to disclose their Personal Data.
Your Personal Data will not be shared with third parties for the purposes of marketing research or bulk advertising sales.
Retention of Personal Data
Home Instead will generally retain Personal Data only for the period required to serve the applicable business purpose, to the extent reasonably necessary to comply with an applicable legal requirement or as advisable in light of an applicable statute of limitations period. Home Instead may specify (e.g., in a policy, notice or records retention schedule) a time period for which certain categories of personal data may be kept. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Promptly after the applicable storage period has ended, your Personal Data shall be (i) securely deleted or destroyed or (ii) anonymised.
Security of Personal Data
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Data is kept secure, accurate and up to date. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place the appropriate technical and organisational measures to adequately safeguard and secure any Personal Data that we collect online.
In order to keep your Personal Data accurate, complete and up to date, please advise us as soon as possible regarding any changes to the Personal Data provided to Home Instead.
Your Rights to your Personal Data
- Access: You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Data that we hold about you together with a right to request an overview of your Personal Data.
- Rectification or erasure: If any Personal Data are incorrect, incomplete or not processed in compliance with applicable law or this policy, you have the right to have your Personal Data rectified, deleted or blocked (as appropriate).
- Data portability: You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you in a commonly used and machine-readable format.We can provide your personal data either to you or to such other third party as you specify in your request.
- Object to processing: In addition, you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data on the basis of compelling grounds related to your particular situation. Please contact us to discuss these grounds should you wish to object to the processing of your Personal Data.
Opt-Out or withdrawing consent
At any time, you may choose to have your name taken off of our communications list, in order to cease receiving correspondence from us; or you may update the Personal Data that you have provided to us, via one of the following methods:
- Using the opt-out option in e-mails you receive from us;
- Sending us an e-mail at: email@example.com;
- Writing to us at: Home Instead Senior Care, 305 QHouse, Furze Road, Sandyford, Dublin 18 or calling us on: 01-2973490
Links to Third Party Websites
The data contained in our Site is for informational purposes only and is not represented to be error free. Home Instead attempts to ensure that the data provided or otherwise displayed on our Site is accurate. However, the Site and its contents are provided on an "as is, as available" basis. Use of the Site and its contents is at your sole risk. Home Instead does not warrant that any functions of the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site will be free from viruses or other harmful components. Home Instead makes no warranties, either express or implied, concerning the content of such site, including the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of such site.
Home Instead Senior Care
305 Q House, Furze Road, Sandyford, Dublin 18