Our local office in Mayo is hiring a Senior CAREGiver. This is a permanent opportunity, offered on a part-time basis with contracted hours.
As Senior CAREGiver, you will be responsible for delivering excellent Home Help to our Clients well as conducting Client/CAREGiver Introductions and Supervisions, Client Quality Assurance and Risk Assessments, while liaising with the Care Managers regarding clients specific requirements as outlined below.
Companionship: Companionship services are those that stimulate, encourage and assist an individual.
The primary responsibilities of Companionship services include the following:
- Providing companionship and conversation
- Providing stabilisation and assistance with walking
- Preparing meals and cleaning up meal-related items
- Providing medication reminders and appointment reminders
Home Helper: Home Helper services generally involve light housekeeping, errands or incidental transportation.
The primary responsibilities in providing Home Helper services include the following:
- Performing light housekeeping tasks (dusting, vacuuming, making beds, changing linens, cleaning bathrooms, kitchens etc.)
- Washing and ironing laundry
- Running errands
- Accompanying clients to appointments
Personal Care: Personal Care services are personal in nature and often include assistance with activities of daily living.
The primary responsibilities in providing Personal Care services include the following:
- Assisting with bathing
- Assisting with dressing and grooming
- Assisting with hygiene, toileting and incontinence issues
- Previous experience in home care is essential for this position (3-5 years)
- Must have relevant QQI Level 5 qualifications
- Must be available to work Monday - Friday & Alternative Weekends
- Full, clean driving licence is essential
- Excellent communication and organisational skills essential
- Good geographical knowledge of Co Mayo is a distinct advantage
- Competitive pay, with higher rates on Sundays
- Part-time, contracted hours of 28-30 hours per week, with a view to full-time hours
- Access to company car during work days
- Free induction training and access to ongoing subsidised QQI training
- 24-hour support from our office team
- Refer a friend schemes – we’ll pay you when you successfully introduce a qualified colleague to Home Instead
- Rate per hour €13.00
For further information and to apply, please contact Caroline Halligan, firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Castlebar office on 094 904 4785.