Home Instead Senior Care will host a number of complimentary workshop for family carers in Dublin. The purpose of the workshops is to support family carers in taking care of loved ones with Alzheimer’s or dementia at home. The workshops take place on the following dates:
- Tuesday, 19th September, 7pm, 3 Brewery Court, Brewery Road, Leopardstown, Co. Dublin
- Thursday, 21st September, 7pm, 7 Marino Mart, Dublin 3
- Wednesday, 20th September, 2pm, 60 Merrion Road, Dublin 4
- Wednesday, 27th September, 7pm, Unit B09 Nutgrove Enterprise Park, Nutgrove Way, Rathfarnham, Dublin 14
Family carers from the local community are invited to attend the workshop and learn practical caregiving techniques such as:
- Suggested approaches when helping with personal care activities
- Understanding behavioural symptoms of dementia
- Learning how to start conversations for effective communication
- Recognising ways to prevent behavioural symptoms in the future
- Discovering ways to care for yourself so that you can remain a successful family caregiver
Ed Murphy, Founder of Home Instead Senior Care offices in Dublin and throughout the country said: “We are proud to host this workshop for family carers. September is World Alzheimer’s Month and we have clients living with Alzheimer’s or dementia so we have a vested interest in supporting family carers in the local community”.
“Caregivers often struggle to understand the full impact of dementia and it’s easy to become overwhelmed. We want to support them to provide the best care they can and meet people in the local community in a similar situation. Caregiving can be lonely and it is important to encourage family carers to have a support network,” he continued.
Home Instead Senior Care are hosting a series of free dementia care workshops throughout the month of September. To register for a workshop please call 1890 989 755or sign up online here.