This week Home Instead Senior Care in Fairview hosted a complimentary workshop for family carers to support them in taking care of loved ones with Alzheimer’s or dementia.
An intimate gather of 15 caregivers from North Dublin attended the workshop and learned practical caregiving techniques to support them in their role of family carer.
Caregiving techniques included:
- Suggested approaches when helping with personal care activities
- Understanding behaviour symptoms, and care approaches to help minimise actions
- Learning how to starting conversations for effective communication
- Recognising ways to prevent behavioural symptoms in the future
- Discovering ways to care for yourself so that you can remain a successful family caregiver
Peter Taylor, Owner of Home Instead Senior Care in Fairview said: “We are proud to host this workshop for family carers. It’s World Alzheimer’s Month and we have been clients living with Alzheimer’s or dementia so it was important to support family carers in the local community”.
“Caregivers often struggle to understand the full impact of dementia and it’s easy to become overwhelmed. We want to support them to provide the best care they can. We also want to help them meet other family carers and realise they are not in this struggle alone.”
To register for a dementia care workshop or receive dementia care advice please call (01) 853 5048 or visit www.homeinstead.ie.