JOIN OUR TEAM IN HOME INSTEAD KERRY
Are you a caring person who’d like to bring your natural skills into the professional caregiving community, or an experienced carer who’s looking for a change?
Home Instead Senior Care, Ireland’s largest provider of non-medical care for older people, is adding to its amazing team of CAREGivers in Home Instead Kerry.
The long-established home care company is inviting applications from caring and compassionate people who want to make a difference in the lives of older people and their families.
Who we’re looking for
- Full-time Carers: You already work in home care, and have QQI training to support your experience
- Part-time Carers (experienced): You already work part-time in home care with older people in your community or perhaps you are or have been a family carer and would like to help more older people live happy lives at home
- Part-time Carers (non-experienced): You care about the older people in your community, you’d like to help them to live happy lives at home, on a schedule that fits your life and matches your availability
- Student Nurses: You have QQI-level training and are looking for practical experience and flexible opportunities as you work towards full qualification
- Former Nurses / Retirees: You’d like to spend a few hours a week giving back to the community, working for the world’s leading non-medical home care provider!
The most important thing we look for in a person is a kind and caring heart – someone who shares our mission and values and who would like to help us to enhance the lives of older people and their families in Home Instead Kerry.
What you’ll do
- You’ll enhance the lives of older people and their families by delivering a range of non-medical services to seniors in the local community.
- You’ll be fully trained, the ‘Home Instead Way’, and you’ll work with clients at different stages of their care journey.
- You’ll bring happiness into the hearts of local seniors, by helping them with daily tasks, reducing loneliness, and making home a better place to live.
- Your care visits could last anything from an hour a day per client to a full eight-hour shift.
- With the right training, you’ll provide more complex care to clients with higher needs, such as long-term illnesses, chronic conditions or Alzheimer’s or other dementias.
What you’ll get
- Competitive rates of pay, with higher rates for weekends and bank holidays
- Free 20-hour induction training
- Flexible schedule that matches your availability
- Support and back-up from a nurse-led team
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- Access to CAREGiver appreciation activities
Presently we require applicants to have achieved QQI or be in the process of achieving QQI.
Take the first step on your career with Home Instead Kerry - get in touch today.