Tax Relief

How does it work? 

If you require home care our dedicated team will support you every step of the way:

  • Home Instead  Home Care Manager will talk you through the process during a free Care Consultation 
  • Tax relief can be claimed by the bill payer at their marginal rate of tax (either 20% or 40%)
  • You simply fill out a form called the HK1 ‘Claim for an Allowance for Employing a Carer’. The team will support you through the whole process
  • Then you can claim tax relief at the end of the year, or indeed monthly through your pay,so you don’t have to wait until the end of the year
  •  If you are not working or paying tax, you can still receive this cash back through other members of your family up to a total of €75,000 at their marginal tax rate.
For example, your husband or wife’s pay, your brother or sister’s pay, your son or daughter’s pay or your son-in-law or daughter-in-law’s pay. You simply put the bill for your care in their name and then they can claim the cash back through their salary. Home Instead will guide you through the whole process so there is no need to worry.

How do I apply for tax relief?
To apply for tax relief pleasecomplete the HK1 Form. This form allows you to claim a tax allowance if you are caring for a relative or spouse who is deemed incapacitated due to physical or mental infirmity. A relative includes a relation by marriage and a person in respect of whom the claimant is or was the legal guardian.

For more information read here.   
For further information on home care services contact your local home care office or please read our list of frequently asked questions.

Contact us to get star