Tips for Maintaining Energy
Jan 07, 2014
If you’re eating nutritious food, exercising regularly, keeping your mind active and encouraging plenty of social contact, you’re probably well on the way to maintaining or even increasing your energy levels. But there’s even more you can do to ensure you’re firing all cylinders.
• Make sure you’re getting enough sleep and pacing your daily activities appropriately. Try not to cram as much into your day, and have an afternoon rest to carry you through until bedtime.
• Include a source of protein with each meal, this will help stabilise blood sugar and improve alertness.
• Drink plenty of water. Dietitians say your brain needs adequate water to function properly and help maintain alertness.
• Don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink, because by then you’re already dehydrated. Minimise black tea, coffee and cola, as caffeine has been linked with dehydration.
• Surround yourself with people who make you feel good - as someone may drain your energy because you don’t want to hurt them by telling them your tired.
For more useful tips like above,Why not download Home Instead's Senior Citizen Guidebook 2014 by simply Clicking Here