Update From Budget 2014
Oct 31, 2013
Please see below a summary of the Budgetary announcements that will impact on Family Carers:
• The Half Rate Carers Allowance is maintained for all full-time carers.
• Carers Allowance remains unchanged at €204.
• Carers Benefit remains unchanged at €205.
• The additional weekly payment of 50% for carers caring for more than one person is retained.
• The annual Respite Care Grant of €1375 for each care recipient remains unchanged.
• Free Travel Scheme remains unchanged.
• TV Licence, Electricity/Gas Allowance of the Household
• Benefit Package remain, however the Telephone Allowance of €9.50 will be discontinued from January 2014.
• The Bereavement Grant of €850 paid on the death of a loved one will be discontinued from January 2014.
• The €230.30 weekly rate for Invalidity Pension will be discontinued for those age 65 and aligned to the €193.50 currently paid to those under 65.
• Funding towards Exceptional Needs Payments will be reduced by €2.1 million.