Home Instead Senior Care are interviewing constantly in order to select the most appropriate Professional Home Instead Senior Care are interviewing constantly in order to select the most appropriate Professional CAREGiver for your needs. Our CAREGivers are Professionals and go through a comprehensive selection process and an intensive application form is completed. We also request four references and all our Professional CAREGivers are Garda screened and checked.
Once hired all our Professional CAREGivers start a comprehensive training programme. Before commencing employment they are required to complete an induction day, which introduces our company’s policies and procedures and covers topics such as infection control, providing safety measures, personal care and client confidentiality. In line with our continuous training we also provide Patient Moving and Handling training and further training in more specialised areas such as Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care, Personal Care and Hospice Care.
- Trusted by clients and the community. For 20 years, Home Instead Senior Care has been a reliable source of home care. We are referred by thousands of health care professionals throughout the country.
- Experienced, reliable company. We employ 2,500 CAREGivers and have cared for over 3,000 people in Ireland.
- Locally owned and operated. Home Instead Senior Care is network of locally owned and operated offices providing trusted home care services. Each office has trained staff and Professional CAREGivers who are engaged in their community and know the resources that are available.
- Reliable, dependable service and support. Whether you desire a little extra help with meal preparation, light housekeeping or simply need someone to drive you to the doctor or hairdresser, Home Instead’s Professional CAREGivers are there to help.
- Experienced Professional CAREGivers. Three out of four Professional CAREGivers have experience in caring for an older family member; half have cared for older friends; and one-third have cared for both older relatives and friends.
- Compatible Professional CAREGivers. We get to know you and your needs and desires before a Professional CAREGiver arrives at your door. The information we gather allows us to determine a compatible match with your Professional CAREGiver. You'll also receive a personal introduction to your Professional CAREGiver to ensure the relationship begins positively.
- Comprehensive employee training programme. Home Instead’s Professional CAREGivers are required to complete a multi-phase training programme that enables them to respond to unique situations.
- We are not an agency. We are the world's largest, most trusted home care organisation with 1000 offices worldwide.
- Our Professional CAREGivers are hired directly by us, which means we deal with the administration of payroll, taxes, PRSI and provide public and employers liability insurance.
- Our Home Care Managers visit the client on a periodic basis to assess the clients needs, support the Professional CAREGiver and monitor the quality of the home care service.
- We provide a back up service in the event a Professional CAREGiver is sick or on holidays.
- We have an emergency contact number available 24/7, which you can contact in the evenings, weekends and throughout the night.
- We were the first home care organisation in Ireland to be a preferred provider for the HSE and the first to have a contract with the HSE for the provision of enhanced home care services.
- We have been awarded the National Services Award and achieved certification of our Quality Management System to ISO 9001:2008 - Quality Management System UKAS Certification - (Healthmark). This demonstrates the quality of home care services we provide around Ireland.
- We are a founder member of Home and Community Care Ireland which was set up to improve standards and help make home care more affordable for older people and their families.
- Free consultation. To help your family better understand home care services, you can request a free, no-obligation consultation. Let us help you live the life you want. Contact our team today.
We provide a wide range of services to help older people maintain their independence and live at home for longer than would otherwise be possible.
From a few hours a day, up to 24 hours - seven days a week, including weekends and holidays, you can receive the services our clients find most beneficial, for example, light housekeeping, meal preparation, companionship, transport, personal care, dementia care, post hospital care, care for people with disabilities and a live in service.
We provide anywhere from 2 hours up to 24/7 care, 365 days of the year. We will expand and reduce hours as required by the needs of the client. For further information please read more about our home care services.
We have a bank of trained Professional CAREGivers who are readily available so we can provide care in short notice in the event of any Professional CAREGiver being unable to work. We are available 24/7 if any emergencies should arise, even on evenings and weekends.
When recruiting on the black market, it is your responsibility to check their background and to ensure that their PAYE and PRSI are taken care of. You become their employer and have to make sure that you have Employers and Public Liability Insurance to cover the carer in your home and also when the carer is providing local transport.
There is no guarantee that they are trained to meet your needs and there are no Home Care Managers in place to monitor the quality of the service. If your carer is sick or on holidays there is no back up available to provide a replacement.
Yes you can. Our clients or their family can avail of income tax relief of up to 40% on payments to Home Instead Senior Care of up to €75,000 per annum. The tax credit can be adjusted so that the relief will apply on a monthly basis rather than annually, which may otherwise be the case. We also advise families to avail of home care grants, which can be applied for through your local health office.
We would be happy to discuss in detail how you can go about claiming tax relief on home care fees. Contact your local home care office for further information.
The number of Professional CAREGivers you or your ageing loved one will have depends on the number of hours of care required per week. We prefer to limit the number of Professional CAREGivers for clients so to give the client and Professional CAREGivers the opportunity to develop a trusted friendship and caregiving experience. Once we’ve matched up the most suitable Professional CAREGiver, we will personally introduce the Professional CAREGiver to you. We endeavour to give you a Professional CAREGiver who you are comfortable with and trust to help you maintain your independence and live independently in your own home.
Your Professional CAREGiver is employed by his or her locally, independently owned and operated franchise, which means the local office handles all the billing, payroll, taxes, insurance and administrative responsibilities for your Professional CAREGiver.
Rates and service hours vary depending on your needs. Please contact your local Home Instead Senior Care office for specific rate information
No. Once we receive an enquiry we can provide a free no-obligation care consultation at your house or wherever it suits. This will help you understand our affordable in-home care services. When the service starts we will invoice you twice monthly.
In the unlikely event that there is a personality clash between yourself and the Professional CAREGiver, it is important to inform our staff so that we can act immediately and look to replace the Professional CAREGiver. Our quality assurance visits by our Home Care Manager ensure the Client/Professional CAREGiver relationship meets expectations.
Yes, Home Instead Senior Care Professional CAREGivers provide services to residents in retirement and nursing homes who may require additional attention and/or personalised long term care
No, but Professional CAREGivers can provide light housekeeping, laundry and ironing as part of our comprehensive care services.